1. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE CAMP REGISTRATION FEE?
- Six days of INCREDIBLE camping experiences
- Time well spent soaking up the rays on our beach
- One overnight experience under the stars
- Your very own 2017 KLC T-SHIRT
- $3.00/DAY for Tuck (Tuck is what we call the camp store, and campers can buy a wide variety of candy, drinks, and frozen treats)
- A MASSIVE beach party!
- EXCITING chapel times as well as reflective & relaxing evenings in front of the campfire
- Many little SURPRISES along the way!
2. WHEN DO WE GET DROPPED OFF AND PICKED UP?
3. IS THERE ANY FREE TIME?
- FOR SURE THERE IS! Each afternoon we have 1 hour of free time where campers get to hang out by the beach, go ZIPLINING or tryout one of many other camp activities! We also have 1 skill a day called 'Choice' where the campers can choose what skill they want to do with their friends!
4. WHAT SHOULD CAMPERS BRING TO CAMP?
- Bible, pen, notebook, hat, water bottle, warm modest clothing, modest swim wear (one piece bathing suits please!), insect repellent, sun screen, helmets, towel, soap and personal items, warm bedding, flashlight, etc. If your camper wants to bring a camera, a disposable camera is recommended.
5. WHAT SHOULD CAMPERS LEAVE AT HOME?:
- We ask that campers DO NOT bring lighters or matches, knives, weapons of any kind, drugs or drug paraphernalia. Also, electronic media devices such as cell phones and iPods should be left at home. Wondering why? These items distract kids from their time at camp. We want campers to be away from the noise and distractions of normal life for their week at camp. Also, we want to do the best we can for all campers in protecting them from all forms of potential cyber-bullying (and in light of the recent Privacy Act legislation).
- Please note that Katepwa Lake Camp is not responsible for lost, broken, or stolen items.
6. WILL THERE BE TIME FOR ME TO USE THE BOATS IF I'M NOT IN WATER SPORTS AS A SKILL?
- ABSOLUTELY! We have the boats in the water during free time for no extra charge!
7. WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION FEE FOR SUMMER CAMP?
- To cancel your registration, please call the camp office. There is a $25 processing fee for all cancellations processed by April 30. After May 1 and up to 14 days before your camp starts, there is a $50 cancellation fee. Within 14 days of your camp, fees paid are non-refundable. Please inform the camp office if you are not able to attend.
8. IS THERE STILL A CANCELLATION FEE IF A CAMP WEEK IS SOLD OUT?
- Simple. While many campers may be put on a wait list, often when it gets that close to camp those campers make other plans assuming that they will not get into camp. Most times we are not able to fill spots so close to camp even when so many campers would have been able to come. We have the cancellation fee to encourage people to commit to camp by the 14 day cutoff.
9. WHAT KIND OF SUPERVISION IS THERE AT KLC?
- We pick responsible people who have a passion with working with kids and youth.
- These staff go through a thorough training process which prepares them for working with kids and youth.
- Our staff/camper ratio is 1:6
- There are two cabin leaders in each cabin. (One Senior and one Junior)
10. TICK AND LYME DISEASE INFORMATION
- Please CLICK HERE to check out information on Tick and Lyme Disease.