The expansive waterfront and acres of rolling hills provide a serene setting for all aspects of our camping experience. Founded in 1949, the rich history of this camp is one that is ingrained into each person that finds themselves diving head first into any of our multitude of camping experiences. KLC is a dynamic place where God is continuously at work. We hope that as you build time and energy that this place will become your choice getaway destination.
We exist to provide an excellent camp experience where all have the opportunity to come to a saving faith in Christ, fostering long lasting Christ-centered relationships that grow and serve.
EXCELLENCE FOR ALL - With the skills and resources that God provides us excellence will always be our aspiration in serving Christ.
- Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor 15:58 (NIV)
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Col 3:23 (NIV)
INTEGRITY FOR ALL - For all of us, may everything we say and do be pleasing to God.
- Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works and in your teachings show integrity, dignity and sound speech. Titus 2:7 (ESV)
FUN FOR ALL - In creating a fun-filled atmosphere where we can laugh and play, we believe that young and old will find joy.
- So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun. Ecclesiastes 8:15 (NLT)
BIBLICAL TRUTH FOR ALL - Biblical truth is foundational in our teaching, discipleship, and activities. We hold to: the inspiration of the Bible, the freedom that comes with living truth, and eternal life through Christ Jesus.
- If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:31-32 (ESV)
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)
SAFETY FOR ALL - We strive to create a safe and healthy camp environment where physical, emotional and spiritual needs are met.
- Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Psalm 37:3
GOD'S LOVE FOR ALL - Provide a loving and caring place where God’s love is shared with all.
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)
- With all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love. Ephesians 4:2 (NASB)
You will discover new friends and experience new things about yourself and grow as a person when you get involved in all the events that KLC offers. From the time you arrive until you pack up and head for home you will be in for an epic journey to become.
Whether you have been to KLC before or not, you will be loved, cared for and included as one of our camp family members. Every camper will be treated equally and fairly in all areas of camp life. Each cabin will have two counsellors to care for your needs! You belong at KLC.
Not only to grow to have a greater confidence and belief in yourself but you will have an opportunity to begin or build on a relationship with the creator of the universe. God, Himself desires to be a part of our lives and grow with you into someone He believes you are.